1. Richemont SA announces its sales for the 5 months ended 31st August 2018 2018 has increased by 25% at constant exchange rates and 22% at actual exchange rates.
AKLC take on this: This reflects swiss watch industry is expected to enjoy a bright year! Its not only swiss watch, but the growth is more in the jewellery sector as well. The world is showing growth because the growth is across Europe, Asia, America, Japan, Middle East. This is very heartening! Finally, jewellery and watch industry is in the upscale.
2. The Bovet monumental clock installed in the Asterium Tower in Seoul has recieved the ‘A design award’, which recognizes exceptional achievements in terms of architectural design worldwide.
AKLC take on this: Congratulations Bovet craftsmen for creating a timepiece of this size which is having complications as well as it is a Tourbillon. This is a marvelous piece of art!
3. Gucci opens a beauty page on Instagram called @guccibeauty.
AKLC take on this: Opening an Instagram beauty account is the success of Instagram. Instagram is getting more and more popular for social media and what better way to reconfirm this. Gucci using Instagram for a beauty account is a niche within a niche!
4. LVMH watch making division announces new structure:
a. Jean Claude Biver relinquishes his operational responsibilities and assumes the role of non executive chairman of LVMH
b. Stephen Bianche is the new CEO of the watch making division (effective 1st November 2018)
c. Frederic Arnault is the appointed strategy and digital director of Tag Heuer.
5. Harry Styles travels from fish and chip shop in North London to the historic Villa Lante near Vlterbo, North of Rome for the new Gucci men’s tailoring campaign cruise 2019 collection.